Product compliance, database, consultant, scheduling and patient access
- 2SSB 5052 – Cannabis Patient Protection Act (PDF)
- Chapter 69.51A RCW – Medical Cannabis
- Chapter 69.50 RCW – Uniform Controlled Substances Act
- Initiative 692 – Medical Use of Marijuana Act Information Summary: Patient Access to Medical Marijuana in Washington State (PDF)
Growing, producing/processing and retail stores
- HB 2136 – Marijuana Tax Reform (PDF)
- Temporary sales and use tax exemptions for medical marijuana from collective gardens (PDF) (effective until July 1, 2016)
Frequently asked questions
Will there be an exception for medical marijuana patients driving under the influence of marijuana?
Does I-502 remove all criminal penalties for adults possessing one ounce or less of marijuana?
No. Possessing, growing and distributing marijuana remain illegal under federal law for recreation or medical use.
I heard the federal administration legalized medical marijuana (cannabis). Is that true?
No, medical marijuana (cannabis) is still illegal under federal law.
I have questions that the Department of Health cannot answer. For example: May I rent my house to a medical marijuana (cannabis) patient? Do I have rights as a tenant? What about using medical marijuana (cannabis) around children? Can I be fired from my job if I use medical marijuana (cannabis)? How do I get help finding the answers?
Other laws may apply to some situations. We suggest getting legal advice if you’re not sure what the law says. You may also consult groups such as the American Civil Liberties Union and the Human Rights Commission. All state laws are on the Washington State Legislature website.